Ohio State cornerback Gareon Conley will not attend the National Football League draft on Thursday in Philadelphia following sexual assault allegations his attorney called "ludicrous and ridiculous". Conley is being accused of raping a Cleveland woman during an incident in a hotel bathroom on April 8.
Conley's attorney, Kevin Spellacy, has denied the accusations and called them "ludicrous and ridiculous", according to Channel 19, the CBS affiliate in Cleveland.
Cops are investigating but so far no arrests have been made and no charges have been filed. The woman said she did not want to have a foursome, but she told Conley she wanted to watch the other couple have sex. She claims she said, "No, stop, it hurts!" but he kept going until he finished.
Police radio traffic coming from downtown Cleveland's Westin Hotel after 3 a.m. Sunday, April 9 sheds light on the moment officers arrived on scene: "Officers on scene, no call back - 23-year-old female conscious and breathing, victim of a sexual assault".
Conley, a defensive back, is expected to be chosen somewhere in the first half of the first round of the NFL Draft later this week.
Despite Conley's denials of the allegations made against him, it could still hinder his draft stock in some sort of way.More news: Kim watches North Korean army fire 400-cannon 'bombardment' to mark anniversary
More news: Turkish opposition says appealing referendum on Erdogan powers
More news: SC gives the go-ahead to Taj Mansingh Auction
The victim told police she met Conley while with some friends in a hotel elevator.
Police later spoke to two witnesses who were in Conley's room, and one claimed that Conley "never touched" the woman and added that she "got mad because she got kicked out of the room".
We will have to see how much this report impacts Conley's draft status when the draft officially kicks off on Thursday night.
Another witness said he was sitting in a chair while Conley and the woman were in the room.
Conley has not been charged in connection to the rape allegation. Police said Conley does not live in Cleveland but they are trying to track him down for an official statement.
Both USA Today and the NFL Network reported that the alleged victim was transported to a hospital, and a rape kit was administered.