Around 24 passengers fell ill in a suspected food poisoning case after consuming food from onboard pantry of Tejas Express on Sunday, news agency ANI reported. When the train arrived in Mumbai at 9.30 pm, numerous other passengers related their ordeal.
Earlier, in a scathing report, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) had revealed major lapses on the part of Indian Railways catering services and said that the food and water sold at the railway stations and trains were "unfit for human consumption". IRCTC Director, Catering services, left for Mumbai from New Delhi headquarters to follow up the matter and take immediate action. While Rao did not eat anything and so remain unaffected, there were at least three passengers sitting near him who had to be rushed to hospital in Chiplun for medical care.
A Central Railway official, who didn't want to be named, told IANS: "The passengers complained of uneasiness and nausea around 12.10 p.m. after eating breakfast served to them".Читайте также: Brendan Steele goes back-to-back at Safeway Open
A meal aboard the premium Tejas.Express certainly did not go down well with passengers travelling from Goa to Mumbai yesterday morning. "The train was stopped out of course at Chiplun railway station and treatment was given to passengers by railway doctor". The other 14 taken to hospital as a "precautionary measure" were discharged. Passengers have complained of poor quality of food being served on the train in the past.
Some confusion prevailed after Konkan Railway Corporation Railway put the number of ill passengers at 26 while the IRCTC said it was 24.
Railway officials are yet to ascertain if the food poisoning was caused due to veg or non-veg breakfast. Officials added that the food sample of breakfast and soup was sent for testing.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог