Ex-news reader says Spacey assaulted son

Share

Former Channel 5 anchor Heather Unruh is expected to speak at a news conference in Boston Wednesday to accuse actor Kevin Spacey of sexual abusing her family member.

Ms Unruh claimed her shocked son had attempted to remove Mr Spacey's hand but the "violation" had continued. Her son was only 18 years old at the time.

Representatives for Spacey did not immediately return PEOPLE's request for comment in regards to Unruh's allegations.

Unruh previously alleged via Twitter on October 13 that Spacey had "assaulted a loved one", but had not previously identified that person as her son.

More news: Amazon Launches New Fire TV Stick For International Customers
More news: SA now the front-runner to host Rugby World Cup 2023
More news: First Bharatmala projects to start by 2018: Gadkari

Unruh said her son filed a police report last week with the Nantucket Police Department and that a criminal investigation is underway. Nantucket Chief of Police William Pittman said he will not comment on or confirm any investigation regarding Spacey or any other possible sexual assault investigation citing MA law regarding victim privacy. Her son told Spacey he was 21, Unruh said. An unknown woman stepped forward and told the young man to leave the restaurant. "But he's also confident that the time to act is now", she said.

Spacey will be accused of abusing a victim on Nantucket Island, according to attorney Mitchell Garabedian who invited the media to attend an announcement in Boston, according to WCVB-TV, ABC 5. "I don't know how much she saw", the former news anchor said. "And shame on you for using your apology to Anthony Rapp to come out as a gay man", Unruh angrily said. "That was an appalling attempt to deflect attention away from what you really are: a sexual predator".

Since then, other allegations have surfaced and the Oscar-winning star said he is seeking "evaluation and treatment". "He has tried his best to deal with it, but it is always there". "No other information will be available at this time".

Netflix late week dropped Spacey, its star actor on hit series "House of Cards" whose career is in free-fall over spiraling assault accusations. But ultimately the company made a decision to suspend production of the show's last season indefinitely. "We have also decided we will not be moving forward with the release of the film Gore, which was in post-production, starring and produced by Kevin Spacey".

Share