Violet the dog recovers from almost deadly dye job

Share

THIS little dog nearly died after her owner made a decision to use human hair dye to colour her purple.

"Violet's eyes were swollen shut, she was limp and listless, she had obvious burns to her skin-we gave fluids, pain meds and we gently washed as much of the chemical dye off as we could, we bandaged her up", Pinellas County Animal Services said on Facebook. Staff did not think the animal would survive because of her condition.

The centre said that Violet soon became more confident and started coming out of her shell. When veterinarians attempted to shave off her fur to assess the overall severity of her burns, they were horrified to find that her skin was sloughing off in sheets, along with the purple fur.

Writing on their Facebook page the rescuers said: "Express yourself, but please do not use hair dye intended for humans to expres your pet's style".

In a Facebook post, one of the vets who tended to Violet declared that on the night when she was brought in, she and her colleagues were astounded by the fact that she managed to make it the night. "It was so much worse than we initially thought - how would this little dog make it through?" Violet suffered extensive burns on her tiny body. "It was just something that just went awry, and instead of acting appropriately and rushing her to the veterinarian to get her taken care of, they just left her". He added the shelter has built a case against the former owner should they ever appear.

Credit Facebook  Pinellas County Animal Services
Credit Facebook Pinellas County Animal Services

Three months after her injuries, Violet is recovering well, but that wasn't the case at first. But then she found her voice and she never, ever, EVER stopped.

"When the final badges came off we breathed a collective sigh of relief – Violet was attractive", the post read.

After three months of antibiotics and painkillers, Violet was adopted a local dog groomer. "I am so attached to her because she is the sweetest dog ever, and what they did for her is just incredible and phenomenal".

The seriousness of her injuries meant animal rescuers in Florida feared the worst for the dog, especially when she began to shed skin. "Shes a very sweet little girl".

More news: You Can Now Add GIF Stickers To Your Instagram Stories
More news: Play Store May Soon Have Dedicated Audiobook Section
More news: Russian Federation offers platform for direct Afghan-Taliban talks

Share