Ex-Knick Kristaps Porzingis accused of rape, says his attorney


Porzingis has yet to officially suit up for the Mavs after being traded there from the Knicks in late January.

"We are aware of the complaint that was made against Mr. Porzingis on Friday and unequivocally deny the allegations", Riopelle said in the statement.

The 7-foot-3 Latvian allegedly unleashed the brutal attack February 7, 2018 inside his penthouse at the soaring Sky building in Midtown West, hours after suffering a devastating knee injury that ended his season and has had him out for the entire 2018-2019 season.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said the team's personnel has been "instructed by federal authorities not to comment" in an email to the New York Post. She told police that she and Porzingis discussed $68,000 in hush money.

The woman made her stunning allegation against the 23-year-old player on Thursday afternoon - and investigators consider her credible, one high-ranking NYPD source told The Post.

Porzingis reportedly visited her apartment at 2 a.m., then invited her back to his place, at which point the alleged rape occurred. After a careful investigation of the allegation, we shared our results with the National Basketball Association, the Knicks, and ultimately the Mavericks as well.

More news: Miami Open predictions betting preview day 10 tipsheet isner v auger aliassime
More news: Federer has a convincing win at the Miami Open
More news: Manchester United Transfer Plans: 9 Players Who Could Leave

Riopelle says Porzingis reported to federal law enforcement in December that the accuser was making "extortionate demands".

We can not comment further on an ongoing federal investigation.

Porzingis' reps said they could not comment about the accusation because they have not seen the police report, according to the Post.

The woman - who is in her 20s and also lived in the building - told cops the National Basketball Association star visited her apartment at around 2 a.m., and that she accepted his invitation to go back to his posh pad.

"The NYPD's Special Victims Division has taken over the case and is investigating, the sources said".

The Post reported that it's still unclear if any money ever changed hands.